Auto Call Script
- Hello, this is [NAME], [TITLE].
- This week your child will receive/received a score report from the new PARCC assessment, which was taken this past spring.
- The PARCC Assessment replaced the previous DC CAS assessment in math, reading and composition. The PARCC assessment is a more rigorous test of math and English language arts that will give parents a more accurate picture of student learning by assessing critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Scores will look different than on DC CAS, not because our students learned less, but because this test is measuring a different kind of student learning.
- We will improve from this new baseline. As with any change, there is a period of transition as teachers and students get used to the new standards and tests. But just as scores improved over time on DC CAS, scores will improve on the PARCC assessment.
- We will be working hard to keep you informed about our progress as a district and provide opportunities for discussion and feedback.
- Teachers are the experts about what is happening in their classrooms and are an invaluable resource for parents. I encourage you to reach out to your child’s teacher(s) with any questions you may have about your child’s score report or academic trajectory.
- If you have general questions or want more information about the assessments or score report you receive/received, please visit http://osse.dc.gov/