On Wednesday, July 10, 2019, OSSE conducted a webinar to review key areas of compliance in special education practice for nonpublic schools. The following topics were covered:
- DC Education Landscape;
- Continuum of Special Education Services (least restrictive environment and continuum of educational placement);
- OSSE’s Special Education Placement Process;
- Incident Reporting Process;
- Key Regulatory Requirements for Nonpublic Schools; and
- Other Key Topics: teacher certification, related service providers, OSSE monitoring activities, secondary transition, OSSE databases.
During the last portion of the webinar, OSSE facilitated virtual breakout sessions where school staff had the opportunity to receive more individualized technical assistance with their assigned OSSE monitors and an OSSE placement coordinator.
- OSSE NP School Webinar Presentation
- OSSE NP Program Monitor School Assignments
- OSSE DAR LEA Data Liaisons
Related Content: Nonpublic School Monitoring and Compliance Resources