The Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) is pleased to announce its next “It Takes a City” LEA Institute to be held Friday, Feb. 19, 2016 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. The Institute is focused on supporting educators and school leaders in helping all students achieve DC learning standards.
Dynamic breakout sessions throughout the day will focus on:
- ELA/Literacy Common Core State Standards
- Mathematics Common Core State Standards
- Next Generation Science Standards
- English Language Development Standards for English Language Learners
- DC Common Core Early Learning Standards
Presenters will provide participants with evidence-based instructional strategies that will support all students, pre-K through high school, including special populations, in accessing, making progress in, and mastering DC’s high academic standards. Introductory sessions will also be provided for newer educators to introduce them to the DC learning standards.