The 2020-21 school year will be unlike any we have experienced before. Students will likely attend school in a variety of formats – in-person, remote, or a mix of both. While we need to keep students and staff safe, ensuring that students continue to learn and grow is critical now more than ever.
In response to this need, OSSE developed a set of guiding principles to provide local education agencies (LEAs) and families with clear and consistent expectations for the continuous education that will take place during the 2020-21 school year. The principles are intended to help LEAs develop effective and equitable continuous education plans that strive to meet the needs of all students and are developed in partnership with families. These guiding principles also seek to help families understand what they should expect for their students and the two-way communication that schools should establish with them. While the guiding principles acknowledge certain legal obligations, they extend well beyond that. They offer a target for excellence rather than a floor for compliance.
Guiding Principles for Continuous Education
- Guiding Principles for Continuous Education: English | Español
- Guiding Principles for Continuous Education Overview for Families
- English | Español | Amharic (አማርኛ) | French (Français) | Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt) | Korean (한국어) | Chinese (中文)
LEA Continuous Education and School Recovery Plan
- 2020-21 School Year LEA Continuous Education and School Recovery Plan Application
- 2020-21 School Year LEA Continuous Education Plans
- 2020-21 School Year Continuous Education Plan Sample Responses