DCTAG is a unique student financial aid program designed to offer District of Columbia residents expanded college choices and opportunities by covering the difference between in- and out-of-state tuition costs at public colleges and universities across the country. For nearly 20 years, DCTAG has helped more than 26,000 Washingtonians get to and through college, many of whom would not have enrolled in college without the program. The DCTAG program is very important to the DC community – from parents and students to our college access partners – we know DCTAG makes a difference.
This page provides information about DCTAG including an outreach contact, select historical Reports and Data, and documents for your reference. Please contact the DCTAG team if you have any questions.
Request the DCTAG Team
Please contact SirWalter Hemphill at [email protected] or (202) 654-6106 if you are interested in having the DCTAG team share information about applying for DCTAG with students and/or families.
Reports and Data
Postsecondary and Career Education is pleased to provide the following historical reports. The Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) Data & Reports page and the OSSE Data Portal are also useful resources.
- DCTAG Annual Data Report (2018-19 school year - as of September 2020)
- DCTAG 2019 Annual Performance Report (September 2020)
The DCTAG 2018-19 School Year Annual Data Report provides descriptive statistics on the DCTAG program using data available as of September 2020. Based on the September 2018 GAO Report, DCTAG also prepared a Performance Report to share updates on DCTAG’s goal and objectives.
This is a list of colleges and universities (institutions) that have signed the DCTAG Participation Agreement for the award year indicated.
- DCTAG 2018 GAO Report (September 2018)
The Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2017, included a provision for the US Government Accountability Office (GAO) to review DCTAG. This report examines, among other things, the characteristics of DCTAG recipients and steps taken by the program to support recipients, as well as the extent to which OSSE reports DCTAG's performance to internal and external stakeholders.
Related Documents for Reference
The Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) will provide a selection of documents here for your reference. These will be updated from time to time, and are referenced in the DCTAG pages for Students & Families and Colleges & Universities. You can review other Scholarships and Grants that OSSE supports here – Scholarships and Grants for Students.
- Third DCTAG Deadline Extension and Allowable Documentation Update (Aug. 7, 2020)
- Second DCTAG Deadline Extension and Allowable Documentation Update (June 30, 2020) Please note this document is superseded by the updated guidance released on Aug. 7, 2020.
- Program Participation Agreement (June 12, 2020)
- DCTAG Deadline Extension (May 29, 2020) Please note this document is superseded by the updated guidance released on June 30, 2020 Aug. 7, 2020.
- DCTAG Maximum Income (Jan. 28, 2020)
- DCTAG Policy Changes Memo (May 1, 2017)