Unapologetically support the physical, mental, and social-emotional health of students and staff by promoting safe, welcoming, healthy and joyful learning environments.
- Align Health and Education Systems: OSSE designs and implements systems of support for early childhood programs and schools on how to integrate essential components of the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC) model.
- Invest in the Mental Health of Students and Staff: OSSE expands trainings and supports provided to early childhood programs and schools on how to design and implement systems that promote mental health and wellness for students and staff.
- Launch a Citywide School Climate Survey: OSSE designs and launches a program to collect and report out on school climate data via student, staff and family surveys in order to provide school leaders with vital data on the strengths and areas for improvement related to student and staff culture.
- Help Build Inclusive School Communities: OSSE expands support offerings to schools on building positive student cultures and inclusive learning environments so that all students feel safe and welcome and part of the community.
- Reduce Chronic Absenteeism: OSSE evaluates, coordinates, and strengthens OSSE’s existing data, policy, and school-based supports and identifies aligned, high-impact new investments to help ensure all students are attending school on a regular basis and reduce chronic absenteeism.
Key Results – How we’ll measure progress
- Increase in Students and Staff Who Feel Supported
- Decrease Chronic Absenteeism
Priority Lead: Tia Brumsted, Assistant Superintendent of Health and Wellness