Allocate resources to ensure all students have access to a high-quality education every day in order to remedy historical inequities in student experience and outcomes
- Prioritize School Improvement: OSSE designs and implements a comprehensive strategy for how it will leverage its authority as an SEA to address, support, and hold accountable schools 1) whose overall academic performance places them in the bottom 5% of all schools and 2) where disparities in student outcomes exists across subgroup so those students gain access to high-quality instruction and improved learning environments.
- Extend Learning Opportunities for Students with the Highest Needs: OSSE builds school and partner capacity to accelerate learning for our highest need students through extended learning opportunities such as high-impact tutoring and summer accelerator programs.
- Set Clear Expectations for Serving Students with Disabilities: OSSE reexamines special education policy, guidance, and trainings to set clear expectations and support effective implementation by schools and LEAs for identifying, transporting and educating students with disabilities.
- Hold LEAs Accountable to Serving Students with Disabilities: OSSE implements the Special Education Performance Report, a new results-based accountability system, that evaluates LEA’s special education performance and identifies what interventions and technical assistance LEAs need to better serve their students with disabilities.
- Focus Grant Funding on Needs and Results: OSSE strengthens and simplifies its approach for distributing, administering, and monitoring grant funding to be more coherent and results-oriented so that schools apply for and gain funding for resources that will address their unique needs as they seek to continuously improve on behalf of their students.
Key Results – How we’ll measure progress
- Improvement for the Schools with the Greatest Need
- Improvement for the Student Groups with the Greatest Need
Priority Lead: Nikki Stewart, Assistant Superintendent of Systems and Support, K12
>> Click here to see how federal recovery dollars are being used to support the Achieve Equitable Outcomes for All Students priority.