About State Assessments
The District of Columbia administers multiple assessments annually in accordance with DC and federal law. These districtwide assessments are an important source of data on students’ progress and proficiency relative to DC’s educational standards. DC’s system of Next Generation Assessments are aligned to the Common Core State Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and DC Standards. These assessments are also technology- and computer- enhanced.
We value the use of comparable student performance data, and our statewide assessment systems provide us critical information on academic performance across the city. We are committed to working with our stakeholders to be able to provide information that is meaningful and useful in improving programs and supports for all students and schools.
- ACCESS for ELLs
- Alternate Assessments
- DC Comprehensive Assessments of Progress in Education (DC CAPE)
- National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)
- Next Generation Assessment Meetings
- Technical Quality of Statewide Assessments
- Test Coordinator Resources
- 2023-24 School Year Statewide Assessments Participation and Performance Policy
- Test Security and Integrity Information and Documents
- Contact Us