The Office of the State Superintendent of Education's (OSSE) Postsecondary and Career Education division manages financial assistance programs for District residents who are enrolling in college. Financial assistance such as scholarships and grants help students enroll in college and pay for educational expenses.
We work with students, families, and our community to minimize college costs by ensuring students receive financial support that allows them to complete a postsecondary program of study on-time and with minimal debt.
Please visit the pages below for specific program eligibility.
You may be eligible for all three, but awards depend on criteria that vary by program including the high school you attended, your choice of college or university, cost of attendance, age family income, and college major. Click the program title to get additional information about each opportunity.
- DC Tuition Assistance Grant (DCTAG) - DC One App application opened Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2023
- DC Futures Program - Application (Application for Postsecondary Studies) opened Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2023
- Mayor's Scholars Undergraduate Program - Application (Application for Postsecondary Studies) opened Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2023
- OSSE Scholars
- United States Presidential Scholars
- United States Senate Youth Program
Kenneth McGhee, DCTAG Director
Kenneth Howard, DCTAG Operations Manager
Christina Beal, Director of College and Career Readiness
Melanie Fleming, DC Futures Program Manager