The Office of the State Superintendent of Education's (OSSE’s) Division of Postsecondary and Career Education (PCE) manages financial assistance programs for District residents who are enrolling in college. Financial assistance such as scholarships and grants help students enroll in college and pay for educational expenses.
PCE works with students, families and our community to minimize college costs by ensuring students receive financial support that allows them to complete a postsecondary program of study on-time and with less debt.
Please visit the pages below for specific program eligibility.
Featured Programs – The 2023-24 award period applications closed Friday, Aug. 18, 2023 at 3 p.m. EDT for all three programs. The 2024-25 applications will open in February 2024.
You may be eligible for all three, but awards depend on criteria that vary by program including the high school you attended, your choice of college or university, cost of attendance, age family income, and college major. Click the program title to get additional information about each opportunity.
- DC Tuition Assistance Grant (DCTAG) - Application closed Friday, Aug. 18, 2023 at 3 p.m.
- DC Futures Program - Application closed Friday, Aug. 18, 2023 at 3 p.m.
- Mayor's Scholars Undergraduate Program - Application closed Friday, Aug. 18, 2023 at 3 p.m.
- OSSE Scholars
- United States Presidential Scholars
- United States Senate Youth Program
Kenneth McGhee, DCTAG Director
Kenneth Howard, DCTAG Operations Manager
Christina Beal, Director of College and Career Readiness
Melanie Fleming, DC Futures Program Manager