Since the 2019-20 school year, the Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) has provided and updated guidance and supports to local education agencies (LEAs) due to the unprecedented circumstances initiated by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
OSSE updated its Guiding Principles for the 2022-23 school year, replacing the “Safe Reopening” priority with “Situational Preparedness.” To reflect how the effects of the pandemic will linger in District schools for many years, the “Student and Staff Well-Being” and “Accelerated Learning” priorities remain with updated language and resources.
The priorities are intended to help LEAs develop effective and equitable continuous education plans that provide support for all students and are developed in partnership with families. They should also support families in understanding what they can expect for their students and the two-way communication that schools should establish with them. While the Guiding Principles acknowledge certain legal obligations, they extend well beyond that, offering a target for excellence and equity rather than a floor for compliance.
The current 2022-2023 school year Guiding Principles for Continuous Education and Continuous Education Plan (CEP) Questions are found below.
2022-2023 Guiding Principles for Continuous Education
- 2022-23 Guiding Principles for Continuous Education
- 2022-23 Continuous Education Plan Questions (Responses Due July 29, 2022)
- 2022-23 Continuous Education Plans (coming soon)
For historical documentation, the archived 2020-2021 school year LEA CEPs and 2021-2022 school year CEP questions, guiding principles and other related materials follow.
2021-2022 Guiding Principles for Continuous Education
- 2021-22 Guiding Principles for Continuous Education | Español
- Accelerated Learning in the District for the 2021-22 School Year (Updated 11/3/2021)
- 2021-22 Continuous Education Plans and Health and Safety Plans (Updated 10/20/2021)
- 2020-21 OSSE Local Assessment Collection Report and School-Level Data Files
- 2021-22 Continuous Education Plan Questions (Updated on 7/2/2021) (PDF)