See LearnDC's School Report Cards and Profiles, then let us know what you think.
National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)
The National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) is the largest nationally representative and continuing assessment of what America's students know and can do in various subject areas. Assessments are conducted periodically in mathematics, reading, science, writing, the arts, civics, economics, geography, and U.S. history.
Since NAEP assessments are administered uniformly using the same sets of test booklets across the nation, NAEP results serve as a common metric for all states and selected urban districts. The assessment stays essentially the same from year to year, with only carefully documented changes. This permits NAEP to provide a clear picture of student academic progress over time. Read more information about NAEP.
The District of Columbia participates both in the traditional NAEP testing program, and DCPS participates in the Trial Urban District Assessment. Information about the District of Columbia’s performance is listed below.
- District of Columbia NAEP Math Report 2009 [PDF]
- District of Columbia NAEP Grade 4 Math Snapshot 2009 [PDF]
- District of Columbia NAEP Grade 8 Math Snapshot 2009 [PDF]
- District of Columbia NAEP Reading Report 2009 [PDF]
- District of Columbia NAEP Grade 4 Reading Snapshot 2009 [PDF]
- District of Columbia NAEP Grade 8 Reading Snapshot 2009 [PDF]
Trial Urban Districts