To maintain the highest standards of service, accountability and quality to credentialing applicants, local education agencies, university partners, and local, state and federal stakeholders in the educational community.
Overview of Programs and Services
- Credentialing/Certification Services: Certification requirements and services for teachers, school-based service providers, principals and assistant principals.
- Educator Preparation Program Approval and Accreditation: For District of Columbia colleges/universities, nonprofit organizations and local education agencies (LEAs).
- Emergency and Proposed Educator Credential Regulations
- Recognition and Support Opportunities for District of Columbia Educators
- ESSA Personnel Requirements Update regarding highly qualified requirements (April 5, 2016)
Grant Funding Opportunities
- Teacher Quality Improvement Grant Program: OSSE is soliciting applications for the development and provision of professional development programs aimed at enhancing student achievement in eligible Local Education Agencies (LEAs)
Tony Graham, Licensure Administrator
Dorothy Beal, Licensure Specialist
Stacy Hardman, Licensure Specialist
Kadena Duncan-Lawrence, Licensure Assistant
For general questions and information regarding educator credentialing and requirements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical assistance or support using the Educator Credentialing Information System (ECIS), contact email@example.com.