See LearnDC's School Report Cards and Profiles, then let us know what you think.
Strawberries and Salad Greens
Over the last few years, DC schools have come together to provide its students with locally grown juicy strawberries and crunchy salad greens on a special day in celebration of supporting local foods. This year, the Strawberries & Salad Greens Day will be held on May 29 and students will have the opportunity to taste locally-grown strawberries and salad greens right from their cafeteria, while also learning about other fruits and vegetables that can be grown right in our own backyards!
If you are a school that is interested in participating in Strawberries & Salad Greens Day this year, please sign up here: Strawberries and Salad Greens Sign-Up Form.
Questions about other ways to get involved in this event? Contact OSSE’s Farm to School Specialist, Erica Steinhart, by email at Erica.firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (202) 442-8940 for information about how to sign up. Participating schools can send us pictures of their events by either tweeting @OSSEDC with the hashtag #BerriesandGreens.
- Strawberries and Salad Greens Sign-Up Form
- Strawberries and Salad Greens 2013 Announcement
- Strawberries and Salad Greens Talking Points and Fun Facts
- DC Farm to School Seasonality Chart
- The Great Garden Detective Adventure: A Standards-Based Gardening Nutrition Curriculum for Grades 3 and 4
- Dig In! Standards-Based Nutrition Education from the Ground Up
- Strawberries and Salad Greens Resource Packet