The Healthy Schools Act of 2010 provides grant funding through the DC Physical Activity for Youth (DC PAY) grant. This grant awards up to $300,000 per year to schools to increase their capacity to offer physical activity to students before, during, or after the school day. Our 2014, 2013, and 2012 DC PAY recipients are listed below.
DC PAY Grantee Map
This map shows all the schools that have received DC PAY grants over the last four years. The blue pins represent SY 2015-2016 DC PAY grantees. The red pins represent SY 2014-2015 DC PAY grantees. The green pins represent SY 2013-2014 DC PAY grantees. The yellow pins represent SY 2012-2013 DC PAY grantees. DC PAY grant program descriptions can be found by clicking on the colored pin.
Resources for 2015-2016 DC PAY Applicants
- Notice of Funding Availability
- Request for Applications
- SHAPE America (Society of Health and Physical Educators)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the lead federal agency for protecting the health and safety of all people. Their site provides information, resources, publications, funding opportunities, data and statistics on health topics from A-Z including physical activity.
- Physical Education Curriculum Analysis Tool (PECAT) - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Health Education Curriculum Analysis Tool (HECAT) - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDCP)
- Essential Components of Physical Education - SHAPE America
- Let's Move Active Schools
- Presidential Youth Fitness Program
- Safe Routes to Schools Program