The Office of Dispute Resolution provides individual parties to hearings with the opportunity to request a paper or electronic transcript of the hearing proceedings, or an audio copy of the proceedings on a CD or an electronic file in accordance with Title 34 C.F.R. §300.512(a)(4). There is no cost for this service. Staff of the Office of the Attorney General, or individual parties to a matter who have filed an appeal in court may also request a certified record of the proceedings. Requests must be made in writing. To request a file, please click on the link below and print out the Record Request Form. You may submit the form by delivering it to the Office of Dispute Resolution at 810 First Street NE, 2nd Floor, Washington, DC, 20002, by faxing the form to (202) 478-2956, or attaching the form to an email sent to: [email protected] . When submitting the request, please follow the guidelines below.
Information and Instructions:
- Requests for an audio of the proceedings may take up to 6 business days to fulfill. A request for a transcript of the proceedings, or a request for a copy of a certified record, may take up to 30 calendar days to fulfill. Please plan accordingly; the Office of Dispute Resolution does not expedite requests.
- All requests for records must be submitted to the Office of Dispute Resolution on this form, in person or electronically. Emails without the request form, and verbal requests, will not be considered properly filed.
- All requests will be considered received based on the date that the request was file stamped “received” at the Office of Dispute Resolution.
- All requests are fulfilled in the order received.
- A requestor may only receive 1 copy of the item requested.
- Non-OAG requests for certified records must include a stamped copy of page 1 of the appeal for verification.
- Unless otherwise noted, all requests will be fulfilled electronically. Requests for paper copies, files or transcripts will be mailed to the address indicated on page 1 of this request.