About the Healthy Schools Act School Health Profile
Under Section 602 of the Healthy Schools Act of 2010, each DCPS and public charter school within the District of Columbia is required to complete and submit the Healthy Schools Act School Health Profile to OSSE. Schools that primarily serve adults do not need to complete the HSA SHP.
Within 30 days of completion, a PDF of your HSA SHP will be emailed to the contact provided. Each school is required to make this PDF available online if the school has a website and available to parents and guardians for hard copy pick up at the main office. The HSA SHP will be posted on the OSSE website within 30 days of submission.
The information in the HSA SHP is reported annually by the OSSE to the Mayor’s Office and the City Council. Schools who do not submit their completed Profile will be out of compliance with the Healthy Schools Act, and this will be noted in OSSE’s yearly report to City Council and the Mayor.
When you log in to the online portal, the profile will appear on the left hand side of the page. Principals and the 2015-16 school year contact have access. If another staff member requires access contact (202) 719-6500 between 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. or e-mail [email protected].
The Healthy Schools Act (HSA) School Health Profile (SHP) is to be completed and submitted online by each school.
- Log in to Quickbase.
- DC.gov Users: sign in with your network email and password.
- If you do not have a dc.gov email but have used Quickbase before, use your previous login (email address) and password.
- If you have not used Quickbase before but have received an email invitation from Quickbase, click the link in the email and login with your school e-mail address and password. Principals and the 2015-16 school year contact have access to the application.
- If you require access to this application contact 202-719-6500 or e-mail [email protected] and provide the name, e-mail address, and school.
- Click on the application “2016-17 OSSE HSA School Health Profile”.
- Click “Click here to Complete” to be taken to your school’s Profile.
The HSA SHP is three pages, and we recommend using the printable version of the SHP [PDF] to gather information before submitting the form online. Once you start a page in the online format, you must complete the entire page to be able to save it; partially completed pages will not be saved. “Edit” allows you to enter your responses. “View” allows you to see the form as it will be submitted.
- Complete the questions on page 1. At the end of the page, click the “completed” box and then “save” to save the form.
- After clicking “save,” you will be taken back to the home screen. Click “go to page 2” to move on. Once you are on page 2, click “edit” at the top right of the screen. Repeat for page 3.
- Please note that many questions are required and you cannot save the form until all required questions on that page are completed. Be sure to check the “completed” box at the end of each page. Your Profile cannot be submitted unless all three “completed” boxes are checked.
- Note: You will know your profile has been submitted once there is a green dot under each page you saved. You will not receive a confirmation message.
Please consult with other school staff if you are not sure of an answer on the Profile.
For additional help, view the step-by-step visual instructions [PDF].
Your questions about the HSA SHP may be answered in the FAQ, which is at the end of the printable version of the SHP [PDF].
HSA School Health Profile Informational Webinars
On Wednesday, Jan. 11, OSSE hosted a webinar to explain the login process, how to request access for new users, how to navigate through the application, and how to answer specific questions. Download the webinar.
For more information or questions, please contact (202) 719-6500 between 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. or email [email protected].