Each year, all District of Columbia public and public charter school students must be entered onto a local education agency (LEA) roster, and exited from that roster upon withdrawal.
Presence on a roster enables two major supports for the student and the LEA:
- Allocation of UPSFF and IDEA funds to the responsible LEA
- Transfer of records to the LEA from the state agency (OSSE), via SLED and SEDS
- Track student movement
- Ensure timely service delivery
Exit from a roster enables the following:
- Proper calculation of the Adjusted Cohort Graduation Rate
- Compliance with federally-mandated reporting of students with disabilities and those without disabilities who have dropped out of school
- Identification of disengaged youth who require re-connection services at the OSSE Re-engagement Center
OSSE follows an enrollment and withdrawal protocol that meets the requirements of District of Columbia Municipal Regulations, Rule 5-A2101.
Guidance and Documentation
- 2019-20 School Year Unified Data Errors Guide
- Entry and Exit Codes Training Materials
- Entry and Exit Codes Guidance
If you have an issue exiting or entering a student from your roster, enter an issue on the OSSE Support Tool (OST).