Office of the State Superintendent of Education

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Closed Postsecondary School Transcripts

The Higher Education Licensure Commission (HELC) is the repository for academic records of postsecondary institutions in the District of Columbia that go out of business and make no other arrangements for maintaining the records. All issuances are certified copies of records as they appeared in the Office of the Registrar upon the school’s closing.  Official copies bear the seal of the Commission. 

To request a transcript from a closed school, follow the instructions provided and use the Transcript Request Form provided below:

Contact Phone: 
(202) 727-6436
Contact TTY: 
Office Hours: 
Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm