Fiscal Year 2021 Healthy Schools Grant
- To facilitate partnerships, a list of contacts that attended a pre-application conference and/or submitted a letter of intent.
- View the FAQ document. Please submit any questions to [email protected] by March 30, 2021. The FAQ document will be updated weekly until April 6, 2021.
- Pre-application training sessions, along with the slide deck, have been archived for viewing.
- The Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) is now available in the DC Register and as an attachment to this webpage.
- The Request for Application (RFA) is now available as an attachment to this webpage.
- Submit a required non-binding letter of intent by by March 8, 2021 at 3 p.m.
- The deadline for application submission is April 6, 2021, at 3 p.m.
Grant Background: The purpose of the Fiscal Year 2021 Healthy Schools Grant is to increase the Office of the State Superintendent of Education’s (OSSE) capacity to support schools with implementing high-quality 1) health education and physical education; and 2) place-based education programs.
Grant Activities: Grantees will be required to complete the following required activities:
- Grantees will conduct needs assessments to identify specific program area challenges faced by K-12 schools. This will include:
- Facilitating virtual focus groups with K-12 school stakeholders that identify program implementation barriers and successes. In addition, focus groups will provide recommendations to OSSE on improving support services to schools.
- Reviewing of relevant documents and data.
- Grantees will use needs assessment findings to develop program area specific strategies for school-based implementation that OSSE will disseminate to schools to support comprehensive, consistent, high-quality programs.
- Grantees will pilot program area specific strategies with a group of schools.
- Grantees will provide formal recommendations to OSSE on the implementation of program area specific training and technical assistance to schools.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: OSSE will accept applications from entities in the District of Columbia having a 501(c)(3) status with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). All applicants must submit their respective 501(c)(3) determination letter and any correspondence or other communication received from the IRS within three years before submission of the application that relates to the applicant’s tax status.
Length of Award: The grant period begins on April 13, 2021 and ends on Sept. 30, 2021.
Available Funding for Award: The total amount of anticipated funding available for this award period is up to $240,000.
- Eligible entities may apply for an award up to $120,000 per program area.
- OSSE anticipates awarding funds to one eligible applicant per program area for a total of two awards.
Grant funds shall only be used to support activities authorized as relevant statutes and included in the applicant’s submission.
For additional information regarding this competition, contact [email protected] or:
School Gardens Specialist
Division of Health and Wellness
Phone: (202) 341-0791
Health Education Manager
Division of Health and Wellness
Phone: (202) 215-5704