Residency verification is used as a method to ensure free public education for all students who are bona fide residents of the District. Residency verification takes place annually at the time of enrollment or within ten days through the process of enrollment using 5A DCMR, 5002.1a-c:
- Upon initial enrollment, the person seeking to enroll the student shall establish residency in the District of Columbia;
- Shall establish residency annually; and
- The current local education agency (LEA) shall verify each student’s District residency annually.
For more information or questions, please contact OSSE's Enrollment Audit Team at [email protected].
- Office and Enrollment and Residency Handbook (published March 1, 2020)
- 2020-21 Residency Verification and Training
Related Content: Supporting Families, Supporting Schools: Enrollment Season 2020-21