If you would like to volunteer at a host site during DC College Application and Exploration Month, please register by Thursday, Oct. 31, 2019.
Volunteers from colleges and the community are critical to a successful DC College Application and Exploration Month event. Volunteers can lend their individual expertise at any of the registered sites and are needed in a variety of ways, depending on the needs of the high school or community based organization.
Examples of volunteer tasks include:
- Greet and sign-in students at events
- Assist students with the completion of online college applications
- Speak to student or parent groups
- Share information about the college application process
- Share personal stories about your career or college journey
- Share about your area of expertise (financial aid, college persistence, college preparation, essay writing, etc.
Training sessions for DC College Application and Exploration host Month host sites will emphasize the importance of effectively utilizing and communicating with volunteers. Site coordinators are encouraged to contact you on a first-come, first-serve basis to confirm your availability and schedule you for their event(s). For this reason, registering to volunteer does not guarantee that you will end up volunteering at a specific site, or at all. We appreciate your time and willingness to contribute to DC College Application and Exploration Month.