Are you an educator, school garden coordinator, or a community-based organization staff member looking to share and learn about relevant, seasonal curriculum, resources, best practices centered around outdoor learning?
Join us each month on the 3rd Wednesday from 4-5:30 p.m. for opportunities to connect with educators doing similar work across the District.
- Do you want to share information about your program during an upcoming gathering?
- Do you have a topic you want to talk about?
- Do you want to host a gathering at your school or teaching site?
Please email [email protected].
- Outdoor Learning Resources
- Farm to School Program
- School Gardens Program
- Environmental Literacy Program
- Sept. 21, 2022
- The Well at Oxon Run with guest speaker Ronnie Webb, president and founder of The Green Scheme
- Oct. 19, 2022
- Nov. 16, 2022
- Jan. 18, 2023
- Feb. 15, 2023
- March 15, 2023
- April 19, 2023
- May 17, 2023
- June 21, 2023
Catch Up on Past Sessions:
- June 2022 | Exploring our Community through Field Trips
- Guest Speaker: Angela Kramer, Education Director, Friends of Pierce Mill
- May 2022 | Pollinators
- Guest Speakers: Natasha Garcia Andersen and Sara Tangren, DC Department of Energy & Environment
- April 2022 | Supporting our Youngest Learners Identify resources to support early childcare centers with outdoor learning and play.
- March 2022 | Earth Day Discover new activities to connect students with their local environment. Guest Speaker: Ariel Trahan, Director of River Restoration Programs, Anacostia Watershed Society
- Feb. 2022 | Exploring Food Cultures & Traditions
- Guest Speaker: Rita Ackah, DC FoodCorps Service Member
- Jan. 2022 | Teaching Outdoors
- Guest Speaker: Elana Mintz, founder and executive director of Urban Adventure Squad/Urban Learning and Teaching Center
- Nov. 2021 | Local Foods and Seasonality
- Guest Speaker: Brenda Platt Director, Composting for Community Project at the Institute for Local Self-Reliance
- Oct. 2021 | Growing Healthy Schools
- Guest Speakers: Carina Gervacio, Program Director & Malaika Simmons, Program Coordinator FoodCorps DC Metro.
- Sept. 2021 | Green Schools
- Guest Speaker: Alexandra Harbold Environmental Specialist F.S. Key Elementary School