The Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) is pleased to announce a funding opportunity for partnering local education agencies (LEAs) and institutions of higher education (IHEs) providing dual enrollment programming to eligible students in the District of Columbia during the 2019-20 school year.
This funding opportunity is open to all eligible IHEs in partnership with LEAs located in the District of Columbia. The total amount available for this opportunity is $150,000. OSSE anticipates making awards equaling $565 per student, per course to cover tuition, books, fees, and transportation.
OSSE requires applicants to be in a partnership for this grant initiative. A partnership is defined as a single IHE lead applicant with one or more LEA partners.
All partners must submit a signed partnership agreement describing programmatic and fiscal responsibilities and confirming commitment to the project. The document will describe how the two (or more) organizations will work together.
The application requirements are available on OSSE’s website or by contacting the Division of Postsecondary and Career Education. The application opens on Friday, May 10, 2019 and closes on Tuesday, June 25, 2019 at 12 p.m.
For the response to questions received for this funding opportunity, please see the FAQs released Thursday, June 13, 2019.
OSSE offers the following clarification for IHEs in DC about dual enrollment tuition.
Eligible Institutions of Higher Education
Eligible Institutions of Higher Education that have been verified as HELC licensed (if not closed) within a 40 mile radius include, but are not limited to:
- American University
- Capitol Technology University
- Catholic University of America
- College of Southern Maryland
- Corcoran College of Art and Design
- Dominican House of Studies
- Excelsior College
- Gallaudet University
- George Mason University
- George Washington University
- Georgetown University
- Graduate School USA
- Howard University
- Maple Springs Baptist Bible College and Seminary
- Marymount University
- Montgomery College
- National Conservatory of Dramatic Arts
- Northern Virginia Community College
- Prince George's Community College
- Sistema Universitario Ana G. Mendez-Universidad Del Este
- Trinity Washington University
- University of Maryland-College Park
- University of Maryland-University College
- University of the District of Columbia
- University of the District of Columbia - Community College
- Washington Adventist University
- Yeshiva College of the Nation’s Capital
For additional information, please contact:
Nicoisa Jones, Program Manager
College and Career Readiness
Postsecondary & Career Education
Office of the State Superintendent of Education
1050 First St. NE, Fifth Floor
Washington, DC 20002
Email: [email protected]