The DC Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) is looking for lead data analysts and research managers! If you’re interested, email [email protected] with a brief note and your resume.
We are looking for data enthusiasts to help us crunch data from across the District. We examine trends in student achievement, enrollment patterns, and inform data-informed decision-making around student health, college completion, and truancy.
We’re looking for people with:
- Quantitative analysis skills (e.g., Stata, SQL, R, etc.)
- Strong problem-solving skills and a solutions-oriented mindset
- A proven track record of delivering analysis and reports in a fast-paced environment
- For research managers: experience managing and motivating teams
Why is OSSE the place for data enthusiasts?
- Datasets that provide a birds-eye view of the education space in DC. Think data across the city spanning child-care to K-12 to post-secondary and beyond including social services, workforce and health data from other DC agencies. There are countless opportunities to link unique datasets together and find stories that have never been told.
- Analysis that matters. OSSE not only collects data and publishes analysis, but also uses the analysis to inform decision-making, draft state-level policies, and guide implementation. See your work in action.
- Support to get things done. What you do will be at the forefront of everyone’s minds and work at OSSE—data is an essential pillar of our three-year strategy. You’ll also be supported by training, a great team, and a mandate that comes straight from Superintendent Kang.
- Working with passionate people every day. You’ll get to work with policy wonks, teachers, psychologists, mountain climbers, former collegiate athletes all amazing, passionate data champions.
- A chance to make a real difference. OSSE is uniquely positioned in the DC public education space to conduct comprehensive citywide analyses. Help shape developments and join us as we sustain, accelerate, and deepen the progress being made in DC education.
How do you connect with us?
- If you’re interested in learning more about data analyst positions, please contact us at [email protected] with your resume, a brief note, and the subject line “data analyst”. We’ll be reaching out to interested candidates on a rolling basis.
- If you’re a more senior data specialist, we’ll be hiring for lead analysts and research managers in the coming weeks. To be notified when these jobs are posted, please send an email and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Senior Data Analyst.”