The Office of Assessments within OSSE’s Division of Data, Assessments, and Research (DAR) is seeking an Assessment Specialist – Test Development, Administration, & Education. The Assessment Specialist will serve as a critical partner for LEAs, working with them, and providing training and communication on behalf of OSSE to ensure the successful administration of all district-wide assessments. They will also be a leader in managing the development of assessment content in mathematics and English language arts/literacy (ELA); and will work closely with the Deputy Director of Assessments to engage LEAs and other teams within OSSE on assessment literacy and using assessment results for programmatic decision-making. They will represent OSSE at local and national convenings related to assessment (e.g., DC Charter School Conference, CCSSO convenings). Working with the OSSE assessment team, they will also help craft and execute OSSE’s vision for the future of district-wide assessment administration.
What we are looking for:
- A content expert in either math or ELA, with a deep knowledge of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
- A proven track record of supporting the administration and/or development of statewide assessments
- An excellent communicator, able to build partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Flexibility and passion- someone who adapts quickly to change, is a strategic thinker, and is open to learning on the job
- An amazing presenter who is excited to work hands-on with LEAs in training and preparing for administration; enjoys presenting to educators at both school and district levels
Why join OSSE?
- Support to get things done. You’ll be supported by training, a great team, and a mandate that comes straight from Superintendent Kang.
- Working with passionate people every day. You’ll get to work with policy wonks, teachers, data enthusiasts… all amazing, passionate education champions.
- A chance to make a real difference. Help shape developments and join us as we sustain, accelerate, and deepen the progress being made in DC education.
Interested applicants should provide a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please list the position title as the subject of the email.