Fiscal Year 2022 Educator Wellness Technical Assistance Grant
Important Dates and Resources:
- The Notice of Funding Availability in the DC Register and as an attachment to this webpage.
- The Request for Application (RFA) will be available as an attachment to this webpage.
- Pre-application conference questions are due by 3 p.m. on Oct. 15, 2021. Send all questions to [email protected].
- The FAQ document is available as an attachment at the bottom of this webpage.
- The pre-application conference has been archived for viewing and can be accessed here.
- The deadline for application submission is Oct. 29, 2021
Grant Background: The Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) Division of Health & Wellness (H&W) is soliciting applications for the Educator Wellness Technical Assistance (TA) grant. The purposes of the grant are to address issues responding to the coronavirus (COVID-19) by:
- building the capacity of DC public and public charter schools to adopt and strategically implement educator wellness programs that consider the root causes of educator stress and address educator wellness through a tiered intervention framework (click here for an overview of the tiered framework); and
- to support OSSE in updating materials and resources to ensure the use of a sustainable educator wellness technical assistance model.
Grantees will be expected to carry out the program requirements and deliverables:
- Following the four phases as outlined below;
- In partnership with a minimum of five schools over the two-year award period and provide at least five hours of technical assistance per month per school; and
- In alignment with OSSE’s approach to educator wellness.
Grant Activities: Grantees will be required to complete the following activities:
Phase One - Onboarding and Partnership Objectives: 1) For OSSE to orient grantees to the project scope, resources, and tools that form OSSE’s approach to educator wellness, and 2) for grantees to conduct outreach and recruitment for school partners, confirm school partnerships, and to provide onboarding to the schools.
Phase Two - Educator Wellness Survey and Plan Development Objectives: Grantees will provide their partner schools technical assistance to: 1) launch and complete an educator wellness survey that will capture the educator wellness needs of the school community, and 2) develop an educator wellness plan that is in response to those needs and in alignment with the educator wellness tiered intervention approach.
Phase Three - Implementation Objectives: Participating schools will implement their educator wellness plan to include a checkpoint and end of year survey for review and revisions to the plan as necessary.
Phase Four - Transition Objectives: Grantees will support the schools in: 1) conducting a feedback survey on the educator wellness plan to identify areas of success and challenges; 2) to make updates to the plan in response to the information learned; and 3) to identify resources and professional development that will allow the school and core team to continue sustainable implementation and growth of their educator wellness initiative.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: OSSE will accept applications from nonprofit entities in the District of Columbia having a 501(c)(3) status with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). All applicants must submit their respective 501(c)(3) determination letter and any correspondence or other communication received from the IRS within three years before submission of the application that relates to the applicant’s tax status.
All applicants must demonstrate experience in providing employee wellness services, in a school or other organizational context, or demonstrate content expertise in organizational health practices that directly support employee’s well-being.
Length of Award: The award period covers two fiscal years and is from Nov. 15, 2021 – Sept. 30, 2023, contingent upon funding availability and the grantee’s satisfactory implementation of the proposed program, including compliance with grant terms and conditions. Year one spans from Nov. 15, 2021 – Sept. 30, 2022. Year two spans Oct. 1, 2022 through Sept. 30, 2023. Applicants must submit a continuation application to be eligible for year two funding.
Available Funding for Award:
- The total amount of available funds is $500,000 per year.
- The dollar amount per award year will depend on the quality of the grant application and the number of schools proposed to be served.
- OSSE anticipates awarding funds up to five applicants, per funding availability.
For additional information regarding this competition, contact: [email protected] or:
Jessica Duncan | School Behavioral Health Outreach Specialist | Phone: (202) 322-8694
Charles Rominiyi | Health Education Manager | Phone: (202) 215-5704