The Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE), Division of Early Learning (DEL) announces the Fiscal Year 2020-21 Pre-K Enhancement and Expansion High-Quality Designation Application.
In order to apply for an allocation of Pre-K Enhancement and Expansion funding, a community-based organization (CBO) providing pre-K education services to children ages 3 to 4 shall:
- Be currently licensed and maintain compliance pursuant to Chapter 1 of Title 5A of the District of Columbia Municipal Regulations (DCMR 5-A, Chapter 1);
- Be currently accredited by a national accrediting body approved by OSSE;
- Complete and submit a high-quality designation application, which demonstrates that the CBO meets each of the following:
- Eligibility criteria pursuant to 5A DCMR 3500.3; and
- High-quality standards pursuant to 5A DCMR 3501; and
- Attend the entire mandatory pre-application conference.
The pre-application conference is scheduled for Friday, March 13, 2020 from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. at OSSE, 1050 First St. NE, First Floor, Room Eleanor Holmes Norton III. All CBOs interested in applying for an allocation of Pre-K Enhancement and Expansion funding must attend the pre-application conference. REGISTER
Applicants have two options to submit the completed high-quality designation application and all supporting documentation: 1) submit via google form or 2) submit the attached PDF form to Christina Crayton at [email protected]. The completed application package must be received by OSSE no later than Monday, April 6, 2020 at 5 p.m. OSSE reserves the right to not consider incomplete or late submissions.
Competitive Grant Process, If Applicable
If OSSE does not receive an appropriation amount sufficient to fund all high-quality pre-K programs that meet the eligibility requirements and the high-quality standards, OSSE will allocate the funds through a competitive grant process. In that case, a Request for Application (RFA) will be released on Monday, June 1, 2020 on the Grants and Funding page.
For questions about the Pre-K Enhancement and Expansion Program, please contact Christina Crayton at [email protected] or (202) 442-4716.
Related Content: Program Quality Evaluation and Assessment (CLASS Pre-K)