The Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE), Division of Early Learning (DEL) announces the Fiscal Year 2021-22 Pre-K Enhancement and Expansion High-Quality Designation Application.
In order to apply for an allocation of Pre-K Enhancement and Expansion funding, a community-based organization (CBO) providing pre-K education services to children ages 3 to 4 shall:
- Be currently licensed and maintain compliance pursuant to Chapter 1 of Title 5A of the District of Columbia Municipal Regulations (DCMR 5-A, Chapter 1);
- Be currently accredited by a national accrediting body approved by OSSE;
- Complete and submit a high-quality designation application, which demonstrates that the CBO meets each of the following:
- Eligibility criteria pursuant to 5A DCMR 3500.3; and
- High-quality standards pursuant to 5A DCMR 3501; and
- Attend the entire mandatory pre-application conference.
The pre-application conference is scheduled for Friday, April 9, 2021 from 1 p.m.-2:30 p.m. virtually via GoToWebinar. All CBOs interested in applying for an allocation of Pre-K Enhancement and Expansion funding must attend the pre-application conference. Register for the Pre-Application Conference here.
Applicants have two options to submit the completed high-quality designation application and all supporting documentation:
- Submit via Google form
- Submit the attached PDF version to Christina Crayton at [email protected]. The completed application package must be received by OSSE no later than Monday, April 26, 2021 at 5 p.m. OSSE reserves the right to not consider incomplete or late submissions.
Competitive Grant Process, If Applicable
If OSSE does not receive an appropriation amount sufficient to fund all high-quality pre-K programs that meet the eligibility requirements and the high-quality standards, OSSE will allocate the funds through a competitive grant process. In that case, a Request for Application (RFA) will be released here on Tuesday, June 1, 2021.
For questions about the Pre-K Enhancement and Expansion Program, please contact Christina Crayton at [email protected] or (202) 257-3995.