LSI’s should explain how an LEA/CBO plans to use grant funds to focus their efforts to improve student outcomes.
- Central Data in EGMS: Complete LSI’s here. You must complete the Central Data application prior to applying for any other grant in EGMS.
Every LEA/CBO can write 1-15 LSI’s, but you MUST complete at least one.
- However, if the grant you are applying for does not require an LSI, just write 1, and then write N/A in the box.
- One LSI could cover the entirety of your focus, or you could write multiple LSI’s to cover different areas of focus.
- LSI’s show where grant dollars are being spent. This data can be valuable in guiding policy and decision making.
Examples of LSI’s:
- College and Career Exploration and Preparation
- Job embedded professional development
- Data/Instructional coaches to assist teachers in effectively using data to improve instruction based on student need
- Extended time for teachers to review data and identify interventions that meet the needs of struggling students
- Instructional approaches and curricula designed to explicitly address the needs of struggling students (i.e. low literacy, numeracy, etc.)
- Aligning instruction across grades throughout the school and responsive to student needs
- A comprehensive drop-out prevention program based on data for students most at risk of dropping out
- Implement a Schoolwide behavior management plan
- Implement community-based partnerships to address student needs outside of school (wrap-around services, medical needs, etc.)
- Implement community-based out-of-school opportunities for students (internships, extra-curricular activities, etc.)