In order to prove that you live in the District of Columbia, please submit TWO documents from the lists below; one document from List A and one document from List B.
If you have already submitted your 2019-20 DCTAG application, including all supporting documents, you do NOT need to re-submit these documents on your Mayor's Scholars application.
One document from List A:
If you’re a tax filer:
- 2018 Certified D-40 Tax Return from Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) or Electronic OTR certification (via DCTAG OneApp)
- 2018 Certified D-40 Tax Return Extension with 2017 Certified D-40 Tax Return from OTR
- Certified stamped letter from OTR stating 2018 D-40 Tax Return was filed and processed
If you do not file taxes:
- 12 month (Jan-Dec 2018) Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)/Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) documentation
- 12 month (Jan-Dec 2018) Child Support Document
- 12 month (Jan-Dec 2018) Retirement/Annuity Document
- 12 month (Jan-Dec 2018) Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) or Social Security Income (SSI)
- 12 month (Jan-Dec 2018) Unemployment Benefits or Workers’ Compensation Disability Documentation
- Ward of Court Letter (dated for current year)*
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act designation letter (provided by high school or college)*
One document from List B:
Not more than 45 days old with “name and address” section:
- Pay stub
- Utility bill (gas, water, cable, electric, land line phone) – except cell phone
- Bank or mortgage statement
- Utility letter from landlord or rental office letterhead, stating utilities included in rent
*If applicant provides McKinney-Vento Act paperwork or Ward of Court Letter, then a second document is not required.