The IEP Implementation for Transfer Students Policy establishes state-level procedures and timelines for the development and implementation of IEPs for students transferring into local educational agencies (LEAs) in the District of Columbia. The policy addresses:
- Students who transfer within the District of Columbia, from out-of-state, between District of Columbia Public Schools (DCPS) and district charters, from private schools, and from early intervention settings
- Facilitation of timely records transfer
- Provision of comparable services
- Completion of pending evaluations
- Implementation of existing in-state and out-of-state IEPs.
Click here to access a copy of the policy document.