The Student Support Team (SST) is a collaborative, school-based, problem-solving team that is organized to address academic, medical, behavioral/emotional and/or other problems which may interfere with a student’s ability to obtain an appropriate education. OSSE's Division of Elementary, Secondary, and Specialized Education will provide an introduction and deep dive into the SST process with a two-part training to empower school teams to build and improve their SST teams and processes.
SST Part I will discuss:
- An overview of SSTs and Response to Intervention (RtI)
- Best practices for SSTs
- SST process troubleshooting
SST Part II will discuss:
- Selecting interventions
- Curriculum-based monitoring
- Deep dive into instructional decision-making based on RtI data
Separate registration is required for each training. Part I is not a prerequisite for Part II.
- SST Part I will take place:
- Monday, March 12, 2018, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. [Register]
- Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. [Register]
- SST Part II will take place:
- Monday, March 12, 2018, 12:30-3:30 p.m. [Register]
- Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 12:30-3:30 p.m. [Register]
For more information or questions, please contact Angela Awonaike at [email protected] or (202) 481-3870.