OSSE is pleased to announce its next session in the 2019-20 Special Topics in English learner Programming Monthly Webinar Series, which will be held on Thursday, Oct. 10, 2019. All LEA and school-level English Learner Points of Contact (EL POCs), as well as school leaders and teachers, are invited to participate in October’s session, which will provide an overview of state-approved EL accommodations based on Part 2 of OSSE’s Testing Accommodations Manual.
Participants will learn:
- The rationale for providing accommodations to ELs
- The contents of Part 2 of the OSSE Testing Accommodations Manual
- The difference between OSSE’s testing accommodations for ELs and those provided by PARCC and WIDA
- Ideas for assembling an EL Accommodations Team
- Guidance for selecting EL accommodations for testing and instruction
- Considerations for amending and discontinue EL accommodations
REGISTER - registration is required
For questions, please contact Anika Harris at [email protected].