OSSE, in collaboration with CT3, will host multiple No-Nonsense Nurturer (NNN) Workshops for educators that focus on learning the theory and practices of classroom management and engagement. Participants will reflect on relational approaches to classroom culture and managing student learning. The workshop includes thought-provoking classroom video investigations, lively discussions, opportunities for self-reflection and analysis, and role-plays and rehearsal to increase teachers’ skills and confidence as effective No-Nonsense Nurturers.
This workshop is intended for classroom educators serving K-12 students in public and public charter schools in DC. This one-day training will be offered multiple times. Participants should select from one of the following training dates:
- Friday, July 26, 2019 at Friendship Public Charter School Community Office
- Tuesday, Aug. 6, 2019 at Eastern High School
- Thursday, Aug. 8, 2019 at Aiton Elementary School
- Thursday, Aug. 15, 2019 at Noyes Elementary School
- Friday, Aug. 16, 2019 at Bunker Hill Elementary School
- Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2019 at OSSE
Participants will receive an NNN Participant Toolkit to facilitate their learning and to begin their planning for classroom practice, as well as six OSSE professional learning units (PLUs).
For more information, contact Kristian Lenderman at [email protected].