OSSE invites all middle and high school educators who support English learners (ELs) to a professional development workshop on Jan. 22, 2020. This workshop is designed to provide practical tools to help educators teach literacy, numeracy, and critical thinking skills to support newcomer ELs with limited or interrupted formal education. Participants will learn essential components of developing literacy and numeracy skills for SLIFE students in secondary school.
Specifically, participants will:
- Explore a framework for the effective instruction of SLIFE.
- Apply strategies for supporting reading and writing development of SLIFE.
- Discuss key strategies to success in supporting math development for SLIFE.
- Explore strategies for vocabulary instruction in numeracy development.
- Apply the literacy and numeracy strategies for SLIFE to develop a plan for implementation in their context.
REGISTER - Registration is required.
For questions, please contact Anika Harris at [email protected].