OSSE, in collaboration with CT3, will host a two-day workshop for school leaders and their teams to develop schoolwide discipline policies that are aligned with the No-Nonsense Nurturer approach. In this workshop, leadership teams will:
- Review existing school discipline documents, policies, and resources;
- Disaggregate and review discipline data;
- Explore supports for classroom management and positive behavior systems;
- Learn how to conduct disciplinary procedures using a culturally relevant and No-Nonsense Nurturing approach;
- Develop family engagement plans to support students struggling in classrooms;
- Build systems and procedures to set up focus rooms to replace in-school suspension; and
- Plan for implementation of behavior support systems through staff training.
This workshop is intended for leadership teams (e.g., administrators, deans, counselors, team leads, etc.) serving in public and public charter schools in DC.
For more information, please contact Kristian Lenderman at [email protected].