OSSE, in collaboration with InSite Solutions, will host trauma-informed care trainings tailored to school-based educators and staff. Participants will take part in a session that introduces neurobiological foundations of trauma and provides concrete skills for building trauma-informed classrooms to include the following:
- Principles of trauma-informed schools and classrooms;
- Shifting perspective about student behavior and reducing triggers of stress in the classroom;
- Fostering safety through control and mutual respect;
- Social-emotional learning opportunities (brain education, mindfulness);
- Relationship building/creating serve-and-return relationships;
- Utilizing non-contingency;
- Trauma-sensitive responses to student escalation;
Participants will have an opportunity to practice and plan for strategy implementation.
Each school that participates in the training will receive an opportunity (subject to availability of hours) to complete a case consultation session with InSite Solutions. The consultation session is designed to support sustainability in competency areas around school-focused trauma-informed care.
This training opportunity and corresponding consultation sessions are only available for current staff serving in public schools and public charter schools in the District of Columbia.
For questions, please contact Nakanya Magby at [email protected].