OSSE invites all educators to participate in its upcoming English Language Acquisition workshops on Dec. 5, 2018. This three-part workshop series is designed to share foundational information about English language acquisition from the science of language acquisition to useful classroom strategies that can help English learners access the academic curriculum. The topics for each workshop, in order, are:
- English Language Acquisition 101: The Science of Language Acquisition and Its Implications for the Classroom
- English Language Acquisition 102: Language Levels, Language Objectives, and Lesson Planning
- English Language Acquisition 103: Strategies for Comprehensible Input
This workshop will guide participants in classroom strategies to instruct their ELs. The CALLA method of comprehensible input instruction is the model under review. Specifically, we will cover:
- The premise and usefulness of comprehensible input teaching methods like CALLA
- The components of a CALLA lesson
- How to craft your own CALLA lesson.
Space is limited and priority registration will be given to those who registered for English Language Acquisition 101 and/or 102. General and special educators, specials teachers, related service providers, coaches, and administrators are strongly encouraged to attend.
Registration is required.
For questions, please contact Anika Harris at [email protected].