OSSE invites all educators to participate in the next workshop in its English Language Acquisition series on Dec. 3, 2018. This three-part workshop series is designed to share foundational information about English language acquisition from the science of language acquisition to useful classroom strategies that can help English learners access the academic curriculum. The topics for the remaining workshops, in order, are:
- English Language Acquisition 102: Language Levels, Language Objectives, and Lesson Planning
- English Language Acquisition 103: Strategies for Comprehensible Input
The next workshop in the series, English Language Acquisition 102, will guide participants in preparing to instruct their ELs. Specifically, we will cover:
- The characteristics of English language production at each of the six WIDA English language proficiency levels
- The components of a Model Performance Indicator
- How to craft a language objective
Note, instructional strategies will not be covered in English Language Acquisition 102.
Space is limited and priority registration will be given to those who registered the Nov. 28 English Language Acquisition 101 workshop. General and special educators, specials teachers, related service providers, coaches, and administrators are strongly encouraged to attend.
Registration is required.
For questions, please contact Anika Harris at [email protected].