Effective July 1, 2018, District regulations require that the first IEP in effect after a child with a disability reaches 14 years of age include transition assessments and services. This introductory training will prepare special education teachers and leaders serving middle school students to develop high-quality, age-appropriate transition plans.
- Understand the legal requirements and evidence-based practices for developing transition plans for middle school students
- Demonstrate the ability to write age-appropriate, individualized postsecondary goals for middle school students
- Demonstrate the ability to develop annual transition goals that are aligned with postsecondary goals
- Identify age-appropriate transition services that align with postsecondary goals
- Understand how to design a multi-year course of study that is appropriate for middle school students and aligns with postsecondary goals
This training was developed for special education teachers and leaders serving students in grades 6 through 9.
Space is limited and registration is required. Please register for one of the sessions.
For questions, please contact Jennifer Carpenter at [email protected].