See LearnDC's School Report Cards and Profiles, then let us know what you think.
Wellness and Nutrition Services
The mission of the Wellness and Nutrition Services Division is to work with schools and community based organizations to promote positive healthy behaviors and to improve the quality of life for children and youth in the District of Columbia. We offer capacity building to schools and community based organizations through the administration of the federal child nutrition programs, the distribution of federal and local funding, technical assistance and programming (Healthy Schools Act).
The Wellness and Nutrition Services Division is headed by Sandra Schlicker, PhD.
- Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
- DC Free Summer Meals Program (FSMP)
- DC State Athletic Association (DCSAA)
- Federal Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)
- Health Education Assessment and Data
- Nutrition Programs
- School and Community Health Education
- School Programs