Learn about the Strong Start Campaign.
Wellness and Nutrition Services
The mission of the Wellness and Nutrition Services Division is to work with schools and community based organizations to promote positive healthy behaviors and to improve the quality of life for children and youth in the District of Columbia. We offer capacity building to schools and community based organizations through the administration of the federal child nutrition programs, the distribution of federal and local funding, technical assistance and programming.
The Wellness and Nutrition Services Division is headed by Sandra Schlicker, PhD.
Programs and Projects
- Healthy Schools Act
- Nutrition Program
- The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
- DC Free Summer Meals Program (FSMP)
- Federal Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)
- School and Community Health Education
- School Programs
- Health Education Assessment and Data
- Health Education Resources
- Strawberries and Salad Greens Day