Find out where kids and teens can eat free this summer.
Early Learning Services for Providers - Professional Development
The District of Columbia recognizes that the quality and effectiveness of the workforce matters. When professionals have formal education and ongoing training and support, they are able to create high-quality learning environments that support young children and their families. The learning opportunities they provide and their interactions with children are based on best practices and aligned with the DC Early Learning Standards.
The Division of Early Learning identifies standards and resources to support the professional growth of the workforce
Read more about professional development standards and resources
Use the Early Learning Standards support child development and growth
Read more about the importance of professional development
- Twelve Characteristics of Effective Early Childhood Teachers
- Toward a Bright Future for Our Youngest Children
- Where we Stand on Standards for Programs to Prepare Early Childhood Professionals
- Preparing Teachers of Young Children: The Current State of Knowledge, and a Blueprint for the Future
- Eight Interview Questions to Help You Know Who You’re Hiring
- Who is the Afterschool Workforce?
- Role, Relevance, Reinvention: Higher Education in the Field of Early Care and Education