The District of Columbia Education Licensure Commission (ELC, Commission) is the authority responsible for the oversight of all post-secondary institutions in the District of Columbia. The Commission determines whether an entity does or does not require licensure and approves, denies or exempts applicants.
Please provide the following information to the Commission so that a determination can be made regarding your institutional offerings in the District:
- Name and address of your institution
- Name, telephone number and email address for an institutional contact person
- Mode of program delivery (video/audio conferencing, DVD, internet, etc.)
- Copies of state licenses
- Name of accreditation organization(s)
- List of courses, degrees or certification that will be offered online
- Indicate whether or not District residents are currently enrolled in your programs
- Indicate plans for internships in the District
- Provide a copy of current catalog (or link and log-in rights, if necessary)
- Narrative on how your programs are advertised
- If your institution is sending representatives to the District of Columbia with the intent of informing the public about your institution’s offerings that is considered recruiting and will require the submission of an Application for an Agent’s License available here. Please note that the requirement for an agent’s license is not based on frequency.
Send the above information to District of the Columbia Education Licensure Commission – 810 First St. N.E. Second Floor Washington DC 20002 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the Subject line: Online/Distance Education Inquiry. Please allow at least 60 days for a response from the Education Licensure Commission.