Find OSSE's booth at DC’s only citywide public school fair!
Communicating Test Security Violations
LEAs are responsible for ensuring all personnel involved in test administration or data collection and reporting are trained in the DC State Test Security Guidelines. Any person who witnesses or believes a violation occurred, either by school personnel or students, must report it as soon as possible but no later than 24 hours after the alleged occurrence. There are three ways to report a violation.
- Report anonymously online
- Report directly to the principal or head of the school, using the State Test Security Incident Form. In such cases, the principal is responsible for immediately reporting the alleged violation to the LEA Assessment Coordinator, who in turn shall, within one business day, report it to the OSSE Division of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Report to the OSSE Department of Data Management, Assessment and Research, using a State Test Security Incident Form, if the witness believes reporting such information directly to an administrator may place an informant in jeopardy. In such cases, the forms can be sent by:
Fax: (202) 727-2019
- Anonymous reporting to OSSE, Department of Data Management, Assessment and Research at (202) 741-5991. In the event the informant would like to remain anonymous, he or she can report an alleged violation to (202) 741-4991.
- New for 2014! Anonymous reporting to the Test Integrity Coordinator, Tonya Mead via the web-based form.
If an alleged violation is reported to the LEA, the LEA must report the violation to the OSSE Office of Elementary and Secondary Education within 24 hours of its notification. After initial review, OSSE will determine if the alleged violation requires further investigation and will notify the LEA within 48 hours. If so, the LEA Plan of Action form should be submitted to violation to the OSSE, Department of Data Management, Assessment and Research by the LEA within seven business days. OSSE will review the documentation provided and determine the appropriate course of action.