OSSE is hosting an in-person workshop for teachers of mathematics interested in taking a deeper dive into the Common Core State Standards for Mathematical Practice.
The Standards for Mathematical Practice are the foundation for mathematical thinking. This interactive workshop will focus on effective teaching practices and include activities that engage participants in the eight mathematical practices:
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others
- Model with mathematics
- Use appropriate tools strategically
- Attend to precision
- Look for and make use of structure
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning
Learn in-depth about each practice and understand how to apply them throughout math instruction. Registration should close one week in advance of the session.
For more information or questions, please email Monisha Karnani at [email protected].