Find OSSE's booth at DC’s only citywide public school fair!
Transfer of Educational Rights Parent/Community Focus Group
OSSE is initiating a review of key components of Title 5-E, Chapter 30 of the District of Columbia Municipal Regulations (DCMR), the local regulation that governs special education practice in the District of Columbia, with the intention of revising identified key components. In addition, input from the process will be used to inform the development of a new five-year strategic State Systemic Improvement Plan (SSIP) for Special Education.
As part of the regulatory review process, the Division of Specialized Education (DSE) will be releasing surveys and holding topic-specific focus groups on key content area “clusters” to inform the work:
- Transfer of Educational Rights
- Child Find, Evaluation, & Eligibility Determination
- Specialized Instruction & Caseload/Class Size
- Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) & Discipline Procedural Safeguards
- Graduation Pathways, Secondary Transition, & IEP Certificate of Completion
The first content area, Transfer of Educational Rights, is being reviewed beginning next month.