Apply early before the June 30 deadline to receive up to $10,000 in tuition assistance. Restrictions apply.
Student-led IEP Training
This is a one-day event. Participants can choose to either attend the May 28 or the May 29 session.
The Best Me I Can Be: Implementing Student-led IEPs in the District of Columbia Research has shown that students who actively participate throughout the IEP process have higher levels of school engagement and are more likely to achieve their academic and personal goals. Over the past year, OSSE’s Division of Specialized Education has developed new tools and resources to assist schools and families in supporting students to take an active role in planning for their future. Learn how you can better support student involvement in IEP planning by participating in the following interactive training modules:
- Getting Started,
- Building Awareness,
- Understanding Your IEP,
- Preparing for Participation, and 5) Student-led IEPs.
Additionally, training participants will:
- View portions of The Best Me I Can Be film and learn how to implement highlighted best practices in their own schools
- Interact with OSSE’s new Secondary Transition resource website and the Student-led IEP Online Toolkit
- Engage in application activities with resources that facilitate greater student involvement
- Listen to DC teachers and administrators share the successes and challenges they have experienced in fostering meaningful student involvement throughout the IEP process
- Have the opportunity to arrange individualized action planning sessions with OSSE Training & Technical Assistance staff