School Food Authorities & Vendors are invited to attend the Nutrition 101: A Taste of Food and Fitness hosted by The National Food Service Management Institute of Oxford, Mississippi on April 30, 2014 from 9:00am to 5:00 p.m.
The 8-hour Nutrition 101 training provides a basic overview of nutrition with an emphasis on the importance of balance in daily food choices and the inclusion of physical activity as a key component to good health. A variety of learning activities including short physical activity boosters are incorporated into the training.
The lesson topics in this training are:
- Nutrition is Important to You!
- Tools for Guiding Food Choices
- Macronutrients: The Energy Nutrients
- Micronutrients: Vitamins and Minerals
- Special Diets
- Putting It All Together
- Nutrition Issues in the Media
Space is limited so register now: