Find OSSE's booth at DC’s only citywide public school fair!
Helping Students to Plan for a Career: Using the Career Navigator
Speaker: Julene Jarnot, Director of Student Programs
In this session, counselors will receive information and tools to assist their students with planning for a career. Multiple pathways to careers will be discussed with special emphasis given to middle-skill careers. Counselors will learn how to use the New Futures Career Navigator, an interactive, online tool to help students explore in-demand careers and the local post-secondary pathways toward those careers.
The session will cover the following areas:
- U.S. Economy and Local Labor Market
- Multiple Pathways to Careers
- Middle-Skill Careers (careers that require post-secondary education but less than a bachelor's degree)
- Career Information/Exploration Resources and Opportunities
- New Futures Career Navigator
- Creating and Managing a Career Plan