On Saturday, June 14, the DCSAA will be holding a free Coaches Clinic led by Tommy Orndorff, Head Coach, Varsity Softball at Bishop O’Connell. Coach Orndorff brings over 30 years of Softball Coaching Experience at the High School and Club Levels. Highlights include:
- During Orndorff’s 28 years at the helm, Bishop O’Connell teams have won the Catholic League softball championship 21 times.
- In State Championship play, his teams have compiled a 58-2 record overall – winning 17 Virginia Independent Schools State Championship titles over the past 19 years.
- Named Coach of the Year for the Washington D.C. metropolitan area by The Washington Post in 1986 (22-1) and 1996 (23-0), by the Arlington County Better Sports Club in 1991 (21-1), and by The Journal Newspapers in 1994 (25-3). He has also been named Virginia Independent Schools State Coach of the Year 16 of the past 18 seasons by the Virginia Independent Schools Softball Association.
- A perennial power nationally the past 20 years, his Bishop O’Connell program reached new heights the past two springs – posting a 57-2 record overall and finishing both seasons ranked 5th in the country in The USA Today/NFCA Scholastic Fastpitch Softball Final Polls.
- Orndorff will be inducted into the National Softball Hall of Fame in November 2014 at the Amateur Softball Association’s (ASA) National Convention in Reno, Nevada.
Upon registration, you will be asked to provide the number of years you have been coaching girls softball. The Clinic will cater to the experience level of the attending coaches.